The Philippine Performance Archive team. L-R: Prof. Peter Sy, Adeliene Paraso, Dr. May Jurilla, Dr. Judy Ick, Dr. Amihan Bonifacio-Ramolete, Dr. Sir Anril Tiatco, and Dr. Ruth Pison. Photo courtesy of Dr. Tiatco.
Judy Celine Ick (PhD English, U Mass-Amherst; BA English, UP Diliman) is a Professor at the Department of English and Comparative Literature at the University of the Philippines Diliman (UPD). She is the author of several articles and book chapters on Shakespeare, performance, and colonial education. A theater scholar and practitioner, she is currently Vice-Chairperson of the Asian Shakespeare Association.
Project Leader: Philippine Cultural Performances (Rituals and Cultural Spectacles)
Sir Anril Pineda Tiatco (PhD Theater Studies, National U of Singapore) teaches at the Department of Speech Communication and Theater Arts and is currently the Director of the UPD Information Office. He is the author of Entablado: Theaters and Performances in the Philippines and Performing Catholicism: Faith and Ambivalence in a Philippine Province.
Project Leader: Philippine Theater
Amihan Bonifacio-Ramolete (PhD Philippine Psychology, MA Theater Arts; UPD) is an Associate Professor at the Department of Speech Communication and Theater Arts (DSCTA) and Dean of the College of Arts and Letters, UP Diliman. Her research works on Philippine rituals, theater, puppetry, and creative drama have appeared several reputable journals. She performs and directs shows for children at Teatrong Mulat ng Pilipinas (MULAT). Currently, she is the Chair of the DSCTA, Managing Director of Dulaang UP, and Company Manager & Senior Puppeteer of MULAT.
Project Leader: Philippine Dance
Ruth Jordana L. Pison (PhD Comparative Literature, UP Diliman) is an Associate Professor at the Department of English and Comparative Literature, UPD, where she teaches courses on Philippine literature, Philippine women writers in English, and literary criticism. Dr. Pison is the author of Alternative Histories: Martial Law Novels as Counter-Memory and Dangerous Liaisons: Sexing the Nation in Philippine Novels by Women 1993-2006 published by the UP Press. She is currently the assistant editor of Prof. Esteban Basilio Villaruz, area editor of the forthcoming new edition of the dance Volume of the CCP Encyclopedia of Philippine Art.
Project Leader: Philippine Performance: Bibliography, Scholarship, Criticism
Patricia May B. Jurilla (PhD Philippine Book History, U of London; MA English, Boston College; MA History of the Book, U of London) is an Associate Professor at the Department of English and Comparative Literature, UP Diliman, where she teaches literature and book history. The first formally trained book historian of the Philippines, Dr. Jurilla has done archiving and cataloguing projects for various libraries, served as adviser for projects of the National Book Development Board and for the Filipiniana Online Library, and curated exhibits of rare books for the Ayala Museum.
Digital Humanities Specialist
Peter A. Sy is an Associate Professor at the Department of Philosophy, UP Diliman where he teaches courses on ethics, bioethics, and philosophy of science. Professor Sy was the Director of the UP Diliman Interactive Learning Center (DILC), and of the Ethical, Legal, Social Issues (ELSI) Program at the Philippine Genome Center. He is a research consultant, a recipient of several International Publications Awards, and a referee of various journals. He is currently Chairman of the Privacy Experts Group, Department of Health and Department of Science and Technology (DOST).
Project Consultants and Assistants
- Judy Celine Ick | Program and Project Leader
- Peter A. Sy | Digital Humanities and IT Specialist
- Adeliene Eve G. Paraso | Project Manager
- Hysa Brigitte Guarte | Project Manager
- Shech A. Pacariem | Graduate Assistant
Philippine Cultural Performance
- Sir Anril P. Tiatco | Project Leader
- Jem R. Javier | Study Leader I
- Bryan L. Viray | Study Leader II
- Maria Amparo D. Jadloc | Project Staff I (Copy-editor)
- Madilene B. Landicho | Project Staff II (Field Researcher)
- Olivia Kristine D. Nieto | Project Staff III (Researcher)
- Kevin Brandon E. Saure | Research Assistant
- Paolo T. Amascual | Graduate Assistant
- Ina Azarcon-Bolivar | Graduate Assistant
- Gillie May Solomon | Graduate Assistant
- Stephen Karl Y. Quizon | Student Assistant
- Jefferson Villacruz | Graphic Artist
- Ruth Jordana L. Pison | Project Leader
- Basilio Esteban S. Villaruz | Study Leader
- Jennifer B. Jalandoni | Research Assistant
- Francis Eduard L. Ang | Graduate Assistant
- Mark Joseph Torrechilla | Student Assistant
- Antonio Salvador S. De Veyra | Regional Field Specialist
- Robert L. Rodriguez | Regional Field Specialist
- Amihan Bonifacio-Ramolete | Project Leader
- Alexis Marie M. Bartolome | Research Assistant
- Archie Clataro | Project Staff
- Jean Edfhel C. Pascual | Field Researcher
- Arvy F. Dimaculangan | Student Assistant
Bibliography, Scholarship, Criticism
- Patricia May B. Jurilla | Project Leader
- Ma. Lorena Santos | Study Leader
- Anna Maria M. Yglopaz | Project Consultant for Translation
- Elvin R. Ebreo | Project Consultant for Translation
- Leif Andrew Garinto | Research Assistant